For a bit of festive fun we have compiled a list of 10 ways you know you’re a farmer.
Check out the 10 we have picked as our favourites and if you can come up with any more, particularly ones unique to Northern Ireland farmers, share them with us.
Here we go!
You know you’re a farmer when...
1. Your dog rides in your jeep more often than your wife.
2. You go ‘into town’ once a week for the messages.
3. You have driven off the road while examining your neighbour’s crops or livestock
4. Your family instantly becomes silent when the weather comes on the television.
5. You can clearly remember the fertilizer rate, and yields on a farm you rented ten years ago but only have a vague idea when your wife’s birthday is.
6. Your teenage son/daughter wears a hoodie bearing the legend ‘If its not blue it won’t do’.
7. The vet is number one on your speed dial.
8. Your wardrobe features clothing by top fashion designers such as John Deere, New Holland and Massey Ferguson.
9. A family day out has been cancelled because the weather was simply too good not to work on the farm.
10. Your hairstyle is determined by the wind direction.
And finally .... Farming Life is your number one read!