Sinn Fein’s agriculture spokesperson, Oliver McMullan MLA has announced details of a Sinn Fein agriculture and rural roadshow, which will take place during the next two months.
Mr McMullan said: “The meetings which will be attended by the Minister Michelle O’Neill, senior DARD officials and Sinn Fein’s agriculture representatives will provide farmers and rural dwellers the opportunity to engage directly with policy makers and learn more about important changes which are underway in terms of CAP reform, the Young Farmers Scheme, the Farm Business Improvement Scheme and the new Rural Development Programme.
“Despite the helpful communication which the minister and her department has available to farmers, there is still some uncertainty about how these welcome changes to Single Farm Payments will affect farmers, particularly regarding the definition of an ‘active farmer’,” he added.
The public meetings will take place in the following venues:
· Clonoe Community Centre, Co Tyrone – Thur 22nd January at 7.30pm
· Rathfriland Community Centre, Co Down – Thur 29th January at 7.30pm
· Tullyglass Hotel, Co Antrim – Wed 18th February at 7.30pm
· Clady Social Hall, Co Armagh – Thur 26th February at 7.30pm
· Enniskillen, Co Fermanagh (Venue TBC) – Thur 5th March